New Features and Enhancements
This section contains the following topics
erwin now offers Automated Metadata Harvesting (AMH) via integration with erwin Data Governance (erwin DG). AMH provides you with ability to manage existing applications and to stay informed about what data an application stores and how it is stored.
The rules that govern relationships have been enhanced in two areas, as follows:
- Nullability in relationship
Changes to an FK attribute nullability are now reflected in relationship nullability. An option to enforce relationship nullability rules has been provided.
Also, in case of compound relationships:
- If the Null Option of one of the migrated attributes is set to NULL, the Null Option of the relationship is set to NULLS ALLOWED.
- If the Null Option of all the migrated attributes is set to NOT NULL, the Null Option of the relationship is set to NULLS NOT ALLOWED.
- Supertype-Subtype relationship between two parent subtypes
erwin Data Modeler (DM) now gives you better control over the creation of a supertype-subtype relationship between two different subtype entities belonging to same or different supertype group. An option to enable/disable such relationships has been provided on the Model Editor.
Note: 2018 R1 onward, by default, a supertype-subtype relationship between two different subtype entities belonging to same or different supertype group is not allowed. However, if you have a model created in an older version of erwin DM with such a supertype-subtype relationship, the relationship is preserved even when you open the model into the newer version of erwin DM.
The Naming Standards object has been enhanced to support physical to logical name mapping. Also, erwin SCAPI has been extended to support the application of naming standards.
erwin Data Modeler has added native support for Netezza as a database target.
erwin Data Modeler now supports PostgreSQL 9.6.2 and is certified to work with PostgreSQL 9.6.8 and 10.4.1.
erwin Data Modeler is certified to work with MySQL v8.0.11.
User enhancements and modeling improvements include:
- An option to allow modelers to enforce relationship nullability rules.
- An option to allow modelers to enforce Supertype-Subtype relationship rules
- Oracle 12c and PostgreSQL support for 128 character TABLE and COLUMN names
- Support for relationship cardinality ranges (for example, 1..5)
- New Forward Engineering Wizard
- Ability to tag ATTRIBUTES/COLUMNS as PII
- Support for Hive View Partitions
- Support for "Use Alter Statement" in SQL Server 2016 SP1 for stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views
The Report Designer now lets you add a hyperlinked logo to your PDF reports. Also, an option to view the count (number) of Subject Areas, Entities/Tables, Attributes/Columns, Key groups/Indexes, and Relationsips present in your model (Logical or Physical) has been added.
The Licensing module has been updated with the following enhancements:
- The erwin Data Modeler licensing dialog has been updated to mask the license code.
- The licensing mechanism allows connection to the License/Activation server via proxy connections.
- Activation count is maintained for concurrent licenses.
- HTTP Secure (HTTPS) communications (via port 443) with the License/Activation server
- The licensing dialog has been modified to remove the Relay Daemon tab.
Support for several third-party tools has been upgraded to newer versions as follows:
- Tomcat (v7.0.82 to v9.0.5)
- TLS from 1.1 to 1.2 (SSL 1.1.0 B to 1.1.0 G)
- Microsoft .NET Framework (v4.5.2 to 4.7.1)
- Oracle (Sun) JRE (v1.8.0_144 to v1.8.0_172)
Encryption has been upgraded to 256-bit.
Copyright © 2018 erwin, Inc.
All rights reserved.