New Features and Enhancements
Following new features and enhancements are available in erwin Data Modeler and erwin Mart Server 2019 R1.
The list includes a brief description and wherever relevant, a reference to more information about each feature.
erwin Data Modeler is certified to work with Microsoft SQL Server 2017.
erwin Data Modeler is certified to work with Teradata v16.20.
erwin Data Modeler is certified to work with PostgreSQL v9.6.12, v10.7, v11.2.
The following enhancements have been made to erwin Data Modeler under DB2 z/OS v12:
- Universal Tablespaces
- Temporal Tables
- Extended Timestamps
- XML and other new datatypes
Following enhancements have been made to reporting:
- Mart-level reporting now includes Naming Standard report and User Logs report.
- Model-level reporting includes the following properties:
- Target Server and Version: Displays the target database and its version
- Custom Template Path: While using a Mart Model as template, selecting this property displays the template path without the Long ID.
- Subject Area reporting includes a filter, Exclude Main Subject Area. It lets you exclude the main subject area and displays the other subject areas present in the model.
- Entity/Table reporting includes the following properties and filters:
- Parent Attribute Props: Displays the parent tables properties
- Parent Relationships: Displays the relationship between parent and child tables
- Entity/Table-Has Data Source Column: Filters and displays the entities that have columns inherited from a parent model
- Entity/Table-Has Migrated Columns: Filters and displays entities that have migrated columns
- Attribute/Column-Is Data Source Column: Filters and displays columns if they are inherited from a parent model
Licensing module has been updated with the following enhancements:
- The erwin Data Modeler licensing dialog has been updated to include an option to hide the licensing dialog.
- The erwin Data Modeler installer dialog has been updated to include a License Code field.
- Silent installation
Support for several third-party tools has been upgraded to newer versions as follows:
- Tomcat v9.0.14
- Mart Server 64-bit now uses Oracle OpenJDK v11.0.2.
Note: For Mart Server 32-bit, install Oracle (Sun) JRE V1.8.0_172 or higher and then set the JRE_HOME Environment Variable.
- Spring-tx 4.3.22
- WebSocket 4.3.22
- Spring Security Core 4.2.11
- GWT code 2.8.2
MITI support has been discontinued erwin Data Modeler 2019R1 onward.
Copyright © 2019 erwin, Inc.
All rights reserved.